Kay Rasmus Nielsen (March 12, 1886 – June 21, 1957) was a Danish illustrator who was popular in the early 20th century, the “golden age of illustration”. He joined the ranks of Arthur Rackham and Edmund Dulac in enjoying the success of the gift books of the early 20th century. Nielsen is also known for his collaborations with Disney for whom he contributed many story sketches and illustrations.
Books Illustrated by Kay Nielsen:
- Kay Nielsen – In Powder and Crinoline, Hodder Stoughton, London, 1913
- Kay Nielsen –East of the Sun and West of the Moon, Hodder Stoughton, London, 1914
- Kay Nielsen – Quiller-Couch, A. T. Twelve Dancing Princesses, Doran, NY, 1923 (Reprint of In Power and Crinoline)
- Kay Nielsen – Andersen’s Fairy Tales, Hodder Stoughton, London,1924
- Kay Nielsen – Hansel and Gretel, Hodder Stoughton, London, 1925
- Kay Nielsen – Wilson, R. Red Magic, Cape, London 1930