Adding to the recent Top 10 Golden Age Illustrators is the Top 10 most Beautiful Illustrated Books. With so many books that I do not have access to or known of, it’s certainly incomplete. I’m limiting the list to what I have or have seen. They represent the best among the Golden Age Illustrators and you can easily see why.
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon – Kay Nielsen
- Peter Pan in Kensington Garden – Arthur Rackham
- La Morte d’Arthur – Aubrey Beardsley
- Les Quatres Fils d’Aymon – Eugene Grasset
- The Ship that Sailed to Mars – Wiliam Timlin
- Hans Andersen’s Fairy Tales – Harry Clarke
- Die Nibelungen – Carl Oto Czeschka
- Knave of Hearts – Maxfield Parrish
- Elves and Fairies – Ida Rentoul Outhwaite
- Mother Goose – W.W. Denslow
There are so many others books that I do not know about an can be added to this list or expand upon. If you have any suggestions and access to the original material that I can borrow, please contact me.
Thanks you in advance,